to the Sacramento County Local Child Care & Development
The Council works to promote
the development of quality child care in Sacramento County
through community education, collaboration and advocacy. For
more information on the Council and community resources, click
on the desired topic button to the left.
Our next regular LPC meeting will be at our usual time and place: bimonthly on odd months on the Third Thursday at Noon at SCOE (10474 Mather Boulevard), which is January 16.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to be added to the meeting notification list.
For Upcoming Meetings and Materials
What is the Sacramento County Local Child Care & Development Planning Council?
The Sacramento County Local Child Care & Development Planning Council (Sac LPC) is authorized in accordance with state law (Education Code 8499, 8499.3-8499.7). Members are appointed by the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors and the Sacramento County Board of Education.
The purpose of the Council or LPC is:
- To provide a forum for the planning of child care services that meet the diverse needs of families in Sacramento County
- To promote public participation in the planning process
- To advocate for the needs of families in the County with respect to child care
- To advise the Board of Supervisors and Board of Education with respect to the child care needs of families in Sacramento County
- To serve as a forum for discussion of community child care issues.
For more on the Council, see our history
For Information on Current projects
Priority Zip Codes for Subsidized Child Care
2012 Strategic Plan for Child Care in Sacramento County
Voluntary Temporary Transfer
For assistance finding, providing, or paying for child care, please visit Child Action, Inc.